There are various reasons your images may not be uploading. Here we detail the most common issues.
Image Type Not Supported
When creating a project, there are three file types you can import into Picaboo: .JPG, .PNG and .HEIC files.
JPG files are probably one of the most universal image file types saved. PNG file types have an advantage over JPG in one specific area. You can save a .PNG file with a transparent background. This makes PNG file ideal for special effects such as what we call Embellishments. HEIC files are taken on Apple iPhones.
Although other file types (such as .tiff for example) are not currently supported and will need to be converted to jpg or png format before it can imported into Picaboo, we may offer more options in the future.
File Size is Too Big
We have a 16 megabyte file limit for our photos. If you receive an error that your photo or photos are too large you can follow the following steps depending on your operating system:
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the file you want to change.
- Choose Tools > Adjust Size, then select “Resample image.”
- Enter a smaller value in the Resolution field.
- The new size is shown at the bottom.
- Open the image you want to resize and right-click on it
- Click on the 3 horizontal dots in the top right corner, then ‘Resize’
- A pop-up will appear and you should choose whichever size option is best for your purposes by clicking on the circle next to it (S-Small / M-Medium / L-Large / C-Custom*)
Image Has Already Been Upload
If you receive this warning your image has already been uploaded into this project. Please check your media tray before trying to upload again. This error makes sure there are no duplicates in your media tray.
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com